If you gather all the required information ahead of time, completing the online KHA Housing application should take no more than 30 minutes. Submitting information is a secure process.
YOU WILL BE ASKED TO PROVIDE
- A current mailing address and telephone number where we can reach you
- Your email address (not required, but recommended)
- Names of everyone who will live with you
- Social Security numbers for everyone who will live with you
- Dates of birth for everyone who will live with you
- The gender (male/female) of everyone who will live with you
- The race and ethnicity of everyone who will live with you
- Whether anyone who will live with you is handicapped or disabled
- The primary language of the head of household
- The current living situation (for example, “homeless” or “not homeless”) of the head of household
- The value of all household assets (for example, bank accounts, investments and real estate)
- The total monthly income of the household (including all household members)
- The sources of all income (wages, pensions, SSI,TANF and other sources)
ONCE YOU’VE STARTED THE APPLICATION
- You will first be asked to create a user name and password, which ensures your information is accessible only by you.
- You can save an incomplete application and finish it later by clicking Save and Sign Out on the left side of each page. Any information you have entered up until that point will be saved.
- To retrieve your information later, log on with the name and password you created and click on Sign in and Finish on the left.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Individuals can apply online or manage a current application by selecting the link on this page or by visiting killeen.housingmanager.com.
No. Due to the limited amount of public housing units we are unable to offer emergency housing.
Current wait times vary by program. The Public Housing waitlist time is 6 to 36 months depending on the qualified bedroom size. Our HCV waitlist time averages 3 to 5 years.
No. Each Housing Authority maintains their own list for the properties they own and manage.
The deposit is $200 and must be paid at the signing of your lease. Money orders are the only acceptable form of payment for a security deposit.
No. The office in Belton is Central Texas COG Housing Division. They are the county agency their number is toll free 888-488-4911.